Katie’s Garlic Lovers’ Dream Cheesy Mashed CauliflowerThis buttery, heavenly recipe is a low-carb alternative to mashed potatoes. It is the perfect side to any main dish. Add Katie’s Pepper Topper for extra heat!
Course: Side Dish
Keyword: Katie’s Garlic Lovers’ Seasoning, Mashed Potatoes, Side
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 people
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1-2 tbsp Katie’s Garlic Lovers’ Seasoning
- 3 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp pepper optional
Optional:1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut the head of cauliflower into 1/2 inch cubes. Do not use the very core of the cauliflower.
- Fill a large pot with 3-4 inches of water. Bring to a boil.
- Put a smaller pot with holes inside the large pot. Add the cauliflower to the top pot.
- On high heat, steam the cauliflower for 15 minutes on a stove.
- Shake any remaining water from the cauliflower.
- Transfer cauliflower, heavy whipping cream, and butter into a blender.
- Blend until it reaches a smooth consistency,1-2 minutes.
- Put the mixture in an oven-safe container. Stir in sharp cheddar cheese, Katie’s Garlic Lovers’ Seasoning, and pepper.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
Make sure to drain all of the water after cooking the cauliflower. This will prevent soggy mashed cauliflower.
Replace pepper with Katie’s Habanero or Ghost Pepper Toppers for extra heat!
Want to change the cheeses up? Parmesan works great too! You can get REALLY crazy and use multiple kinds of cheese!