This meaty seafood soup is sure to keep you warm any day! It is a Louisiana-inspired recipe that is low-carb and healthy!
- Course: Main Course, Soup
- Keyword: Hot, Soup
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Servings: 4 people
- 2/3 cup celery sticks
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup zucchini or carrots not both
- 2/3 cup onion
- 2 tilapia fillets raw
- 3 tps Katie’s Garlic Lovers’ Seasoning
- 3 tps Katie’s Cajun Seasoning
- 1 tbs pepper
- 1 cup milk
Want some extra spice? Choose ONE below.
- 1 tsp Katie’s Habanero Pepper Topper
- 1 tsp Katie’s Ghost Pepper Topper
- On medium heat, add chicken broth to a medium-sized pot.
- Cut celery sticks, carrots, and onions into small chunks.
- Add the vegetables to the pot.
- Let the soup simmer for 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft.
- Cut the raw tilapia into 1 inch chunks.
- Add the raw tilapia, Katie’s Garlic Lovers’ Seasoning, Katie’s Cajun Seasoning, and pepper to the pot. Make sure the soup is 145°F. Cook the soup for an additional 8 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Pour in the milk.
- Stir the soup until well combined.
Store the soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in a pot on the stove or in the microwave.
For extra creamy and thick broth, replace milk with heavy whipping cream!