Chile Limon Shrimp
Something new for the Lenten season? Try this crispy shrimp with Katie’s Chile Limon Seasoning. It has a mild chile taste with a twist of lime. Super-delicious! This recipe is an excellent appetizer to go with your non-meat dinner. Who can resist a spicy shrimp with a hint of tanginess? Enjoy it with your family and friends!
- 1½ lbs shrimp shelled and deveined
- 4 tsp Katie’s Chile Limon Seasoning
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 pcs red or green chili pepper seeded and sliced into ¼ inch thin (if you want
- to add an extra bite)
- 2 scallions sliced thinly
- Rinse shrimp and dry thoroughly with paper towel.
- In a large bowl, toss shrimp and 2 tsp Katie’s Chile Limon Seasoning. Set aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cornstarch Mixture: Combine cornstarch and 1 tsp Katie’s Chile Limon Seasoning in a small bowl.
- Toss 1 tbsp of cornstarch mixture and ⅓ shrimp in a medium bowl until well combined.
- Place oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat (385°F).
- Fry shrimp, stir occasionally to keep from sticking together. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until crispy. With your wire skimmer or slotted spatula, transfer shrimp to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Heat 1 tbsp frying oil in a nonstick skillet. Add pepper and scallions, sprinkle a bit more Katie’s Chile Limon Seasoning and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add shrimp, toss gently to combine for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Repeat the process for the remaining 2 batches.
- Add Habanero or Ghost Pepper Topper
- Transfer shrimp to platter. Serve immediately.
- Suggestion: Serve with Chile Limon Dip (Recipe)